First Friday Finds of 2017! Get it while it's hot :D
Oh hai Friday Finds followers! I know there are some of you out there, eagerly awaiting the spoils of my internet trawling. At least I think there are?! I admit, I haven’t been surfing lately – it’s been hard, with real life here in Tokyo distracting me with all of its deliciousness.
We’ve been eating loads of fluffy pancakes, because they’re so FLUFFY! I think I’m addicted. Mike, not so much. He says he likes his pancakes to be crispy on the top and bottom and fluffy in the middle. There are definitely no crispy parts on the pancakes that are dominating the scene right now in Tokyo. They’re more like soft soufflé piles of fluff: there’s barely any contrast between the insides and outsides. I thought I wouldn’t be into them, but I’m very very much so in love. I can’t wait until I go home and figure out how to make them. In the meantime, please enjoy these Friday Finds!
Oh, and I wanted to wish my dear sister from another mister, Alana a very happy birthday! Wishing you all the best dear :)
- I think everyone might have a lil Aggretsuko in them.
- Not quite sure what I think about this…
- This is just the kind of taste testing I can get behind!
- I haven’t started watching the latest season of Top Chef yet, but this lil vid of Padma reminds me that I need to, stat.
- I don’t know why but I literally lol’d at some of these.
- A take on Bourdain’s fiction.
- I’m all for movies/tv based on books. In that vein, the new Archie TV series looks fun!
- I loved this GQ feature :)
- These black sesame morning buns – I wanna fall asleep in them in the best way possible.
- Mini cheese danishes: so you can have five instead of one!
- I love blueberry muffins! I never make them, but clearly that needs to change.
- Salad so good.
- All of my spicy noodle dreams come true!
I’ve got my eyes on you:
- I devoured this book.
- Digging these food containers.
- This guy looks almost exactly like the griddles they use at Japanese pancake places!
Lately on I am a Food Blog:
Hope you’re having dinner with your family this weekend! It’s the Lunar New Year so be sure to eat, drink, and be merry!