It’s the last Friday in May?! How did that happen? Mike and I are heading out on a little camping trip and I’m so, so excited to cook with our new camp stove/over the fire. What I’m not excited about is how crazy it was looking for/reserving a campsite. The competition out there is fierce, especially in the PNW. If you guys have any fave camping spots, I’d love to hear about them!
There may be some radio silence here for a while, but when we get back to the internets, I’ll be sure to post up some camp cooking! I’ve been busy pre measuring out ingredients, but as per the ushe, I’ve been surfing the wilds of the internet.
- This makes we want to go back to Tokyo, immediately.
- Two lego stories in one week. Here and here.
- I’m digging this story in GQ on moms, Tinder, and maybe-not-yet true love.
- I lolz so many times during this epic Hathaway vs Corden rap battle. Whoever wrote those rhymes…genius.
- Chinese food in Mexico City.
- Harry Potter’s small class size theory.
- Part-time K idol: we ate salad and sang.
- I’m looking forward to watching gymnastics during the Olympics.
- Relationship post Netflix and chill.
- These anpan kitties are almost too cute to eat, but I would eat them up anyway because I love me a red bean bun.
- Give me ALL the chicken wings.
- This pasta salad is giving me all the feels.
- I love lemongrass and these guys look so, so good.
I’ve got my eyes on you:
- I finished reading this the other week and I liked it. If you’re a P&P fan, you might too – it’s a modern re-telling.
- We had the hardest time deciding on camp chairs. It was a toss up between this, this, and hoping there would be a handy rock to sit on.
Handy Memorial Weekend Recipes:
- Jalapeño honey garlic grilled chicken (or tofu!)
- Summery soba salad.
- Miso pasta salad.
- Sesame chicken thighs.
- Dijon, mushroom & green beans.
- Fully loaded baked potato salad.
- Sriracha honey lime chicken.
Hope your weekend is filled with sunshine and bacon (or tofu!)!
PS – Happy Memorial Day weekend to all my American friends!