Fri-YAY! Much internets articles and linksies! But really, there's a link to a book that I absolutely devoured, so take a look!
Whelp, it’s officially fall. I can’t complain because I love the sound of crunching leaves and crisp autumn air. The past few nights Mike and I have been getting cozy and eating spicy hot pot while binge watching Gotham. We also snuck in a few last bit of summer ice cream cones, so really, best of both worlds! Never mind the fact that I was freezing after the cone – just means I wasn’t dressed properly right?
Anyway, looking forward to the weekend – hoping to catch some fall foliage. What are you guys up to?
- This video makes me nostalgic for something I’ve never even had: Southern-style boxed lunch.
- Science messing with mosquitos, are you yay or nay?
- Ikea forever!
- The restaurant biz seems stressful.
- Food blogging thoughts from Deb of Smitten Kitchen.
- I love shaved vegetables and I love fennel so I’m all over this gorgeous salad.
- Cutest “bagel & lox” ever!
- Autumn salad, cause you can’t just be all about the soups come fall.
- Sometimes I dream kolache dreams.
I’ve got my eyes on you:
- I devoured Dark Matter deep in the night while Mike lay asleep next to me. One of the most fun reads I’ve had all year, I feel. If you like fast-paced, science-y thriller, road-not-taken type books, this one’s for you.
- I definitely don’t need a toaster, but maybe I need weenie dog emblazoned toast?
This/last week on I am a Food Blog:
- Mini dorayaki – one of my fave Japanese desserts.
- Mike wrote me a birthday blog post! ♡♡♡
- Funfetti cruffins – use a pasta roller to make cruffins, then add a bunch of sprinkles!
- Getting a lil healthy with zoodles, tomatoes, basil, and burrata.
- In which I write about being depressed and eating away my feelings with tiny pizzas.
Hope you guys have a autumn-licious walk complete with fall leaves and get extra cozy this weekend!