It’s the last Friday before August! This summer seriously flew by and I’m already starting to see back-to-school stuff in stores – eep! I can’t believe I haven’t gone anywhere this summer and it’s already August. We’re thinking of planning a trip, but we aren’t sure on where yet. Hopefully everything works out because it would definitely be fun to get away for a little bit. I always envy those people with summer cottages. How cute would that be, to just pack up every weekend and head to the cottage for a couple of days campfires and walks by the water? Day dreams…
Here’s what I’ve been checking out on the internets!
1. This story is absolutely insane.
2. What do you guys think of the whole Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry thing?
3. I’m down for re-designed chucks!
4. Yoga Pants killed Jeans. Which side are you on?
5. Which worldly french fry toppings are you into?
6. This article in Time by Aziz Ansari has convinced me, Modern Romance is on my to-read list.
7. Girls like girls, like boys do!
1. I’m obsessed with chess pie and this one is gorgeous.
2. These cornmeal waffles look like the right way to start your day.
3. Or maybe cornmeal pikelets are more your jam?
4. I haven’t had bananas in so long, and this roasted banana ice cream looks like the perfect way to break my banana fast.
5. These cashew frosted roasted plum cupcakes are so pretty!
6. I’ve got a sudden craving for Swedish meatballs and mash.
7. Best summer cake ever, right here!
I’ve got my eyes on you:
1. Thinking of getting this chainmail cast iron scrubby thing. Sometimes I use a bit of soap (gasp!) on my cast iron and I’m hoping this scrubby would eliminate the need for soap altogether.
2. Since I died my hair blue, I’ve been wanting to touch it up a bit. The color’s lasted incredibly long, thanks to this colored conditioner, but I’m thinking of maybe re-dying it with a bit of this hair dye, which I’ve heard is really good.
Hope everyone’s headed to their cottage this weekend ;)
love & potatoes,
PS – Can’t stop, won’t stop making panda sushi. Call me obsessed. I use this maker and try to stuff fillings inside but usually just do them up plain.