Whew! We missed Friday the 13th in October by just one day! Friday the 13th freaks me out normally, having it happen in October would be even more disturbing. But, we’re safe and it’s October! It’s definitely October weather around here. We’ve been making lots and lots of soups to keep warm and are hopping out for walks in between the breaks in the rain.
We spent most of this week perfecting our Laksa recipe – I made the spice paste from scratch and Mike worked his magic with the chicken and prawn stock. It was a success so we had both sets of parents over for dinner. We have a ton leftover, so I’m pretty sure that’s what we’ll be eating this weekend, no complaints here!
Anyway, here’s what I’ve been creeping out on, on the internet!
- Pre-worn Japanese denim: how it’s made.
- I always make a stop at Xi’an Famous Foods when we hit up NYC.
- Do you Grey Poupon? Cause all the rappers do.
- Clowns are scary AF.
- I cannot wait to watch Your Name when it has English subtitles. Gorgeous animation, body swapping, and new love – this is my kinda anime.
- Adderall addiction.
- Digging these links over on Space to Call Home.
- This chocolate tahini cake looks utterly delicious.
- Guess I have tahini on the brain because these tahini chocolate chip cookies are goals.
- Oh hai chicken hot dish!
- I love all potatoes…these spicy chickpea and cauliflower topped twice baked potatoes look like heaven.
I’ve got my eyes on you:
- Ever since we got a drone, I’ve been obsessed with things from above. This book looks gorgeous.
- I just started reading The Perfect Girl. It’s promising so far, but I have some reservations too.
This/last week on I am a Food Blog:
- I made something vegan! Hazelnut Donuts!!
- Banff travel post. Spoiler: Canada is gorgeous.
- Molly released her book, Molly on the Range, and I riffed off of her slider cakes and made fries and coke to go with.
- Pumpkin bread forever and ever and ever.
- Turkey time!
- Leftovers? Poutine it up :)
- Sheet pan suppers and netflix for the win.
Stay warm and cozy!
PS – Mini pancakes are the only way I will eat pancakes now. I’ve been spoiled forever.