No barbecue, backyard get together, or summer outing is complete without pasta salad.
- 1/3 cups rice vinegar
- 1/3 cups neutral oil
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 6 oz pasta short preferred
- 2 cups red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper cored and sliced
- 1 orange pepper cored and sliced
- 1 cucumber deseeded and julienned
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cups fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/3 cups green onions sliced
Whisk together the dressing and set aside.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When the pasta is ready, give it a quick rinse under cool running water, making sure that none of the pieces are sticking together. Drain well.
While the pasta is cooking, prep the vegetables.
Add the pasta to a large bowl and toss with 1/2 of the dressing, making sure to coat each piece of pasta.
At this point the pasta should be fairly cool. Add the vegetables, the remaining dressing, and toss to coat evenly. Enjoy!
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 37.5g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 27.5g | Saturated Fat: 3.7g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 253mg | Potassium: 630mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7.6g