The Best Kale Salad
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese finely grated, plus extra for topping
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin preferred
- 2 tbsp lemon juice about 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- lemon zest from the lemon before you juice it
- 2 bunches kale lacinato kale preferred, about 8 cups finely chopped
Combine all the ingredients except the kale and let sit while you prepare the kale.
Prepare the kale: Give the leaves a good wash and shake off any excess water, then slice the stems away with a knife or rip the leaves off by running your fingers along the ribs. Finally, cut into 1/4" thin strips.
Pop the kale strips and the dressing into a plastic box with a lid and shake well.
Top with extra Parmigiano-Reggiano and enjoy!
Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.2g | Protein: 7.6g | Fat: 19.1g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 450mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 0.2g