Egg Roll in a Bowl
It’s just like eating an egg roll, minus the wrapper because it’s keto-friendly!
- 1 lb ground pork or beef, chicken, or turkey
- 2 tsp Shaoxing wine or rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 4 cups kale shredded, or cabbage/coleslaw mix
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp tamari or low sodium soy sauce, to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp hot sauce such as sambal oelek/sriracha, optional
Mix the ground meat with the shaoxing wine or rice vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
In a large non stick skillet, heat up the oil and brown the marinated meat over medium high heat, breaking up with the back of a spoon, until golden brown and cooked through.
Stir in the garlic, ginger, and cabbage and cook until the cabbage is just wilted.
Push the cabbage to the side and add the eggs to the pan and scramble.
Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, and hot sauce. Taste and season with white pepper and extra tamari or soy sauce if needed. Finish with toasted sesame seeds. Enjoy immediately!
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.5g | Protein: 32.6g | Fat: 19.4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 386mg | Potassium: 453mg | Fiber: 1.9g | Sugar: 2.4g