A simple dump and cook one pot stovetop weeknight lasagna.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground pork or ground pork, or a 50/50 mix
- 24 oz crushed tomatoes
- 2 qt chicken stock no sodium preferred
- 8 lasagna noodles broken into small pieces, or 12oz malfalde
- 1 tsp fresh oregano finely chopped
- fresh basil chopped, and/or fresh leaf parsley
- mozzarella cheese to finish
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to finish
In a large pot, heat up the oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
Add the meat, breaking into pieces.
Stir in the crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, pasta, and oregano. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce and simmer over medium until pasta is tender and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Taste and season with salt and pepper. Scoop into bowls and finish with basil, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Enjoy hot!
Calories: 683kcal | Carbohydrates: 82.9g | Protein: 56.9g | Fat: 12.6g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 623mg | Potassium: 1517mg | Fiber: 6.2g | Sugar: 10.7g