Woah! Christmas is coming up fast! It’s the last Friday before the big day – are you guys ready? It’s just me and Mike in Tokyo so we’re planning on a DIY takoyaki party on Christmas Eve and a traditional Japanese Christmas dinner of KFC and a potato salad tree. It’s pretty Christmas-y over here – there are countless illuminations (Christmas light displays) and almost all the stores blast Christmas music 24/7. Last Sunday we wandered around Ginza, a glitzy shopping street full of luxury shops and fancy department stores. On Sundays they close the main street so it’s pedestrian only, making it perfect for window shopping or grabbing a snack and people watching.
A close friend is currently visiting us and we’ve been keeping busy going out and about and eating until we’re stuffed. Still, the internet cannot be ignored – here’s what I’ve been checking out!
1. All the best-long reads of the year. There are some pretty heavy reads in there, but if you have the time, check them out.
2. I eat so many potatoes, so this is news that I’m so, so happy to hear.
3. Someone tried to lose a guy in 10 days(!).
4. And then someone lived according to the popular Pinterest page.
5. I have to admit, I use “gift” as a verb, but apparently some people think it’s horrible to do so?
6. Do you guys use Hangouts? I’ve been hahahaha-ing so much to see those cute little easter eggs.
7. Mini Groot!
1. These eggnog(!!!) cinnamon rolls.
2. This garlic ramen is so, so gorgeous.
3. A tiny olive oil cake with no-churn peppermint ice cream.
4. And, a big candy cane cake. I have the most serious craving for one right now.
6. Give me ALL the waffles, especially the savoury ones.
Happy Friday friends! Have a great one!