On Wednesday night Mike and I checked out The Perseids. At midnight we hopped in our car and drove down a deserted ghostly highway to make our way past the edge of the city to where the water laps the shore. We spread out our blanket, I tucked myself into Mike’s arm and we let our eyes adjust to the blackest of nights – thank you, new moon. It took a while, but we saw two giant shooting stars together and two tiny ones, separately. I would have lay out there forever but somehow I missed the memo on how you’re supposed to dress in the middle of the night in summer. After a while my shivering became too apparent to ignore so we headed home. But it was a blast and they’re still on so we might just head out again tonight.
Aside from the starry stuff, here’s what I’ve been checking out on the internet!
1. The cutest thing I’ve seen all week!
2. This makes me feel super old but also I weirdly think I kinda like some of the accessories on Shop Jeen?!
3. Stringy hair. Yay or nay?
4. Co-living and working. Kind of reminds me of this book, but much less extreme, of course.
5. I would be terrified if I had to live without smell.
6. Here’s a dream bungalow.
7. Do you remember: “Friday, Friday, gotta get down to Friday?”
8. This was an interesting read on lingerie in Egypt.
Have a wonderful weekend friends! Hope you catch some meteors!
love & potatoes,