Come one, come all and get yer Friday Links right here!
The weather has been flirting with fall over here and while I’m still in summer mode (give me ALL the stone fruit), I’m getting excited about pumpkin season. I’ve also been making lots of mini mini pancakes, just for fun. Mike and I are addicted to picking them up and dipping them, kind of like little pancake chips (but soft and fluffy).
Other exciting news around here: the redesign! I don’t know if you noticed, but Mike made everything shiny, new, and way more fun. The colors are based on my hair, according to him, and I’m absolutely in love. Let us know what you guys think!
- Everyone’s talking about Snoop and Martha. I love her.
- Netflix doesn’t have the greatest track record with re-boots, but I absolutely would watch this.
- This guy literally caught them all. (Mike and I caught a Lapras the other day, it was super exciting! 1666 CP, if you wanted to know >_<)
- Marriage. Apparently Beyonce and Kanye have made it fashionable.
- This video of the cheapest ever Michelin starred restaurant is pretty cute.
- I’ve been watching a lot of gymnastics this past week.
- I feel a little weird about art becoming a testable subject.
- Even though this is about behavior moderation for kids, I have a feeling it would totally work on me.
- Thanks Obama for your summer playlist – I’m really into Acid Rain! But no Champagne Papi? Sad face.
- Corn and fennel soup with a side of insight on love and life in LA.
- If only I could dive right into this sesame garlic soba.
- These blueberry shortcakes look amazing. Simple is best!
- This peach and carrot cake has me all heart eye emoji.
I’ve got my eyes on you:
This week on I am a Food Blog:
- Cold and summer soba tossed in soy and dashi with blistered shishitos.
- Softie boiled eggs with a creamy mac and cheese coat, deep-fried.
Have a fantastic weekend guys – hope it’s filled with millions of cherries!
PS – Please don’t forget to vote in the Saveur Food Blog Awards! I am a Food Blog is up for Most Inspired Weeknight Dinners :)