There was a crazy solar storm early this week, which meant that it was a prime time to check out the aurora. An aurora-chaser friend of ours messaged us a 11 at night asking us if we wanted to try to see them and of course the answer was a resounding yes! We headed up to a dark mountain top to try to see the elusive streaks of green and purple and were rewarded with just the tiniest blue-green glow. Apparently the lights put on a show at 3 am, but we already went home by then. Whoops! Hopefully there’ll be another chance because it’s my dream to see the Northern Lights. I guess this means I might have to go up to the Yukon…
1. Taylor Swift wrote a letter to Apple and then Apple changed their ways. Some people are calling it a conspiracy theory…
2. I’ve had the undo send button in gmail for a while now and I’ve only used it once!
3. Some horror stories about customers at restaurants. Why are humans so crazy?
4. This is a pretty crazy music video. Also, it makes me wonder about all those kids in that crazy kung fu school.
5. An ode to chicken tenders.
6. I’d be down to eat at LocoL.
7. Water tasting. It’s a thing.
1. The cutest lil lemonade stand ever plus an awesome lemonade recipe.
2. I eat fried rice for breakfast all the time and you should too! (More fried rice recipes this way!)
3. These raspberry almond brownie tarts look completely addictive.
4. I never say no to a meat pie!
I’ve got my eyes on you:
1. I do love fries…
2. My kitchen drawers are a huge mess because I don’t have drawer organizers. After months of laziness, I’m finally going to buy this one and a couple of these ones. I hope they work out for me!
Hope your weekend is awesome!
love & potatoes,