I think I cursed myself last week by saying I didn’t believe in the powers of Friday the 13th because the powers that be decided to make this week a solid 0/10 for me. On Sunday, as Mike and I were walking out of the elevator, a French bulldog that was standing right outside the doors, lunged out and bit me on the thigh. It wasn’t a small nip either, his teeth went through my pants and I was left with a gushing wound, which thankfully is healing over. But, of course, there’s still a massive blue-purple-green bruise on my thigh.
To be honest, I’m a little traumatized because this isn’t the first time this dog has attacked me unprovoked. The common areas of our building seem a little scarier to me now. He was a BAD dog. And he had a bad owner too, one that didn’t bother to make sure that I was okay – she basically ran away, trying to absolve herself from any responsibility, saying that the dog was her son’s.
And to top that off, the very next day I had massive, massive food poisoning. At first I was worried that I contracted some sort of dog disease, but a quick trip to the doctor cleared it up: it was just food poisoning. Thankfully Mike didn’t get bit by a dog or get poisoned so I had someone to take care of me. And now I’m on the mend and it’s Friday and I’m looking forward to good, hopefully uneventful, times ahead. Most of my week was spent sleeping, but I did manage to catch up on the internets yesterday, here are my finds!
- Patagonia just went to the top of my travel bucket list.
- Do you believe in free will?
- The most ethereal rainbow.
- This caramel sugar is kinda going viral. I’m not sure what my thoughts are on it.
- Is it me, or is this video kinda sort of…racist?
- Heartbreaking and uplifting all at once.
- Oh tourists, why do you have to ruin everything?!
- Has reality TV gone to far with what looks to be like America’s Next Top Model, but for porn?!
- Mint chocolate chip macaron – I’ll take a dozen, please!
- Obviously I’ve got my mind on my mint and mint on my mind.
- This duck pappardelle sounds delightful.
- These cookies sound right up my alley.
- Hello, strawberry lemon cake!
I’ve got my eyes on you:
- I got this top with soft serve ice cream cones on it cause it makes me laugh.
- Thinking this goose-neck kettle will make morning pour over that much more sunny.
- This book is in my cart right now, it sounds like a delicious and interesting read.
Wishing everyone a calm, uneventful, happy weekend!
PS – Thank you so much for all of your camping suggestions. We’re still figuring out what gear to get. I’ll definitely do a review after we go camping and of course, I’m going to be doing some camp cooking posts!