Guys, I had the best week! It started out kind of rough, but now I’m feeling more grounded, centered, and ultimately, happier. For a while there I was kind of going through a whole, I must control everything phase – I’m a perfectionist, which is just a polite way for extremely picky people to say that they must have everything just so. But since it’s spring, I’m taking a page from Elsa’s book and just letting it go.
Truth of the matter is, you can’t control anything in this world, aside from your own actions and reactions and it’s a big emotional mess if you even think about controlling things beyond your control. I’ve known this for a while now, but I’m trying to apply it more and more. It’s a work in progress, but once I gave up certain expectations of myself I felt a weight lift off my heart. This sounds so new age-y…but seriously, the day I told myself to let it go, I had the best day. Everything was on sale (nothing beats a deal!), from my new romper to the grapes at the grocery store. To celebrate, Mike and I decided to have a huge cheese and charcuterie platter. We didn’t manage to finish it – it was epic and just what I needed.
Ooh, and Michelle let me know that she saw my book, Easy Gourmet, at Whole Foods. I’m always excited to hear about my book in the wild! You guys have my book, right? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge!) Book aside, this weekend is Easter and there are so many fun Easter things on the internet. Are you guys celebrating? My family’s going out for Easter brunch, but not eggs and bacon style. We’ll be feasting on dim sum and I’m pretty excited.
1. Absolutely loved this review of Christina Tosi’s Milk Bar Life.
2. This looks crazy, but I kind of sort of also want to make one at home too…
3. Peeps factory photos and a video!
4. The history of Cornflakes – surprisingly hilarious why they came up with them!
5. They’re SO fluffy: angora show bunnies.
6. The internet is a wacky and wondrous place.
1. Giant circus animal cookies!
2. Gosh, I love it when classics become even better!
3. This mousse cake is pure art.
4. These curry garlic sweet potato fries with miso gravy look right up my alley.
5. I absolutely love tomato soup and this version with miso, butter, and roasted garlic sounds absolutely amazing.
6. There are so many of my favorite blogs up for Saveur awards this year! It absolutely made my year when I won last year, so go change someone’s life and vote for your faves!
I’ve got my eyes on you:
1. I’m looking for nesting glass prep bowls – do you guys have a favorite set?
2. Nikon has just come out with a new mirrorless camera and while I’ll probably never go mirrorless, I do find them super intriguing, especially for traveling.
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend and find ALL the chocolate eggs!
love & potatoes,