Happy St. Patrick's Day! Pour yourself a Guinness and hang out with this week's Friday Finds 🍻
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I had all these plans to make a bunch of green things, or things with beer, but this year somehow it didn’t quite work out. Which is too bad because I came up with all sorts of fun green things, like matcha rice krispie treats. But then, I thought about it and, matcha isn’t Irish at all, so, there’s that. I guess we’ll just have to go to the pub to celebrate!
- Summer is starting earlier and ending later according to summer blockbuster movie releases.
- I know some people find them cold, but I absolutely love exposed concrete buildings.
- Maybe Lorde’s new song is growing on me…I like her dance moves, anyway.
- Online trolls are freaky.
- Equal parts funny and terrifying: mom love.
- The dim sum party of my dreams.
- These veggie nachos look so GOOD.
- Caramelized mushroom pizza, yes please!
I’ve got my eyes on you:
- Treated myself to this matte lipstick (in cranberry stiletto) because I hear it’s amazing. Fingers crossed!
- Kinda regret not buying this sandwich press while we were in Japan. I keep dreaming of all the pressed sandwiches I could be making…
- Pure escapism chick lit, and I mean that in a good way :)
St. Patrick’s Day Recipes:
- Spinach pasta with sage and brown butter. Much green!
- Broccoli cheddar tots because Irish cheddar and green vegetables.
- Minty coffee with a lil bit of Irish cream, because Irish cream.
- Pot of gold pasta – yellow tomato sauce, creamy bocconcini, and coins of orecchiette.
- Beeramisu, made with Guinness!
- No St. Patrick’s Day is complete unless there’s Irish stew involved.
Lately on I am a Food Blog:
- Rainbow jello forever.
- Mini hand pies stuffed with broccoli, beef, and melty cheddar cheese.
- Getting cozy with homemade oden, the stuff of Japanese winter dreams.
- Hokkaido mashed potatoes because even the potatoes taste better in Japan.
- Steak and lobster in one hell of an expensive sandwich!
- Unbelievably fluffy milk bread with a cheesy swirl.
Cheers to a happy St. Paddy’s day to you!