Happy Friday! Did you notice…It’s Friday the 13th! Friday the 13th always freaked me out as a kid – I was a huge scaredy cat with an over active imagination. Thankfully my imagination is a little bit more under control now, but sometimes I still freak myself out over nothing. The other day I was taking the stairs and I heard someone from a floor up heading down the stairs too. They were probably just some normal person but their footsteps sounded so loud that I kind of freaked out a little and booked it down the stairs, which, funnily enough probably made me sound scary too. When I made it outside I laughed to myself a little, but when no one else exited the building I got shivers down my spine and just put the whole thing out of my mind.
Anyway, it’s Valentine’s tomorrow and I’m gearing up for Chinese New Year, which is always a big deal in these parts. Looks like a busy weekend ahead!
1. I’m a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan, but it’s sad how marketing has changed it’s core values.
2. Heart-wrenching, beautiful, and ultimately, uplifting. via Kottke
3. Kids eating breakfasts from around the world: hilarious!
4. Do you remember Beanie Babies?
5. Cutest Valentine’s date ever!
There are so many cute Valentine’s day ideas out there!!
1. Lasagna for two. But mostly it’s just enough for me.
2. Red-bean filled miniature heart pancakes!!!
3. And red-bean filled heart hand pies!
4. This short-rib miso dip sandwich is the sandwich of my dreams.
I’ve got my eyes on you:
1. I get excited over things like gold binder clips.
2. I’m looking for new drawer organizers. This one looks pretty good, but I’m not sure…any recommendations?
3. Malvis (marshmallow-cookie sandwiches) – I could get into these.
4. I recently got a pair of Tieks and I’m in love! I did a loooooong walk and I didn’t get a single blister – a first for me and ballet flats.
Happy weekend friends! Hope your Valentine’s is warm and cozy!
love & potatoes,
PS – If you’re looking for Valentine’s ideas, check out my afternoon beer series!