Fun internet links cause it's Fri-YAY!
It’s been a wild week. Let’s distract ourselves with fun movie trailers and SHOPPING :)
- I’m totally down to watch Dreamland, directed by the lead singer of Rooney (remember them?!), who happens to be a Coppola as well. It looks like one of those dreamy self-actualization movies, about a piano player who wants to open a piano bar but gets sidetracked by love and money.
- And, another piano movie I really want to watch: La La Land. The title sounds kinda like Dreamland, it takes place in LA as well, and has a dude with a dream to start a piano bar. This one is staring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, so it’s decidedly less indie (it is by Lionsgate, so no surprise there). The visuals are AMAZING and if I had to choose between it and Dreamland, I would watch La La Land for sure.
- I love post apocalyptic movies, futuristic movies and I have high hopes for Passengers. Fingers crossed it will deliver!
- A new xXx Xander Cage movie! Looks totally over the top, don’t take it too seriously, fun!
- Lego Batman is so tortured :)
- Heehee, just like a cheesy YA novel come to life.
- Mike and I really enjoyed the rich world building in John Wick and are looking forward to John Wick: Chapter 2.
- ALL the feels for The Edge of Seventeen.
- Happy five year blog birthday to Hummingbird High!!
- My kinda toast box.
- Dreaming of London.
- Gouda mashed potatoes. I could make them a meal!
- This is fall in a cake! And more if you want it – Sarah is an amazing baker and her book is perfection.
I’ve got my eyes on you:
- I believe in unicorns! This lipgloss is too cute. I’m pretty sure the lip gloss quality sucks but, it’s too cute to resist?!
- Now that daylight savings has happened, I’m feeling the darkness. Mike and I have been shopping lights – we just bought two new ones. I’m loving these lightbulbs – they add a warm friendly glow.
- Speaking of daylight savings, thinking of getting one of these guys. Supposedly they help with waking up in the morning by gradually increasing the light in your room, simulating a sunrise.
- A giant pack of washi tape, just because. I don’t know what I’d use it for but I want it!
- Cutest coloring book ever! And this one is the tastiest!
- Looking for books to read if you guys have any…just finished The Last One. I won’t spoil it for you – I read it and I liked it!
Lately on I am a Food Blog:
- It’s American Thanksgiving soon! So far I’ve got turducken roulade and challah stuffing up for your feasting needs.
- Mac and kimcheese dolsot bibim-mac: cheesy, spicy mac and cheese with kimchi in a stone bowl for extra crispy bits. Super comforting and indulgent!
- HK style french toast because deep fried french toast!
- It was Totoro Week! Catch up on it here :)
- Takeout at home with black bean beef chow mein!
- Challah! My first ever challah was a success.
Have a wonderful weekend friends!
love and mashed potatoes, steph