It’s Friday!! More specifically, the last Friday in January. How did we end up here? In other news, I managed to fall down the stairs yesterday. Granted, our staircase is only a whopping four steps, but I still felt pretty silly and both my butt and my ego are a little bruised. I mean, I thought I had stairs down! It’s funny because just a couple of hours previous, I broke a beer glass and Mike was asking me how I managed to live without ever looking in the direction of what I’m doing…Well, I was totally looking down at the stairs but I might have been distracted by the box of fried chicken I was holding. It’s okay though – I saved the fried chicken while falling. No pieces of fried chicken were lost!
1. I totally grew up on the Sweet Valley Series. This article is pure nostalgia.
2. Speaking of nostalgia, did you guys ever read Richard Scarry’s Busy Busy Town when you were a wee one? Welcome to Business Town is an updated (hilarious!) version. The stereotypes are SO true. via kottke
3. I absolutely agree: beans don’t belong in chili.
4. I wish I could see the Milky Way in my backyard, but it’s not going to happen.
5. I kinda miss the vending machines in Tokyo.
1. This simple chocolate cake and words are too beautiful. “Nothing is created in a vacuum.”
2. Peach splits: so much better than banana splits! And that sesame praline!!
3. These delicately flavoured Ispahan shortbreads (lychees, raspberry, and rose)!!
4. I could eat this entire pan of cheesy scalloped potatoes!
I’ve got my eyes on you:
1. Winter is making my hands so dry. I’ve been slathering on this cookie flavoured hand cream that I bought in Tokyo. I’m sad because I’m running out and I can’t make myself order it online when I got it for a fraction of the price back in Japan.
2. I’m loving these Pyknic tees – especially “Weekends are for Waffles.”
3. My sweet friend Stella pointed Animi to me and I want EVERYTHING. The kitchen items are so kawaii cute, I die.
Happy Weekend friends!
love & potatoes,
PS – Happy Superbowl Weekend! Don’t forget to check out my snack picks!