So…I’m back in Vancouver! We just finished off our Tokyo trip with a whirlwind week of train travel: up to Hokkaido, down to Kyoto and really really down to Fukuoka. And now we’re home! I was dreading the flight back (sometimes I get motion sick), but it turned out to be okay. I even watched two and a half movies! But ugh, that half movie. I’m dying of suspense – I’m totally going to watch it after I finish this post. Especially since even thought I swore I wouldn’t get jet-lagged, it’s 3 in the morning and I’m wide awake and strangely hungry. A 3am movie and some snacks sound like the perfect way to start the weekend.
I’m so happy to be home but I already miss our life in Tokyo. But, there are exciting things on the horizon so for now I’m going to box up my nostalgia and focus on the present!
1. Are you guys fans of fast-casual?
2. I’m really curious to see how Fresh Off the Boat, the TV series compares to the book. I’m a fan of Eddie Huang’s writing: it’s brash, offensive, and funny. I’m kind of worried that it’s going to be one giant cringe-fest, but I guess I’ll have to wait and see…
3. Everybody poops.
4. Kid parties do seem a bit extreme these days.
1. Cheesy bread and egg boats, but also so much more than just cheesy bread boats!
2. A fancied-up fried hot dog sandwich!
3. Gorgeously fluffy matcha buttermilk rolls with black sesame.
4. The ULTIMATE macaron post. This’ll come in handy when I tackle those finicky bastards later on this year!
5. I want to live inside this cake.
6. My kind of party!
I’ve got my eyes on you:
1. These marble slabs would be the perfect background for an epic charcuterie board.
2. This has the worst reviews ever but it’s always been my dream to have a mini donut factory! Have you guys seen any better machines?!
3. I’m loving the sleeves on this top.
4. Looking for a laundry hamper solution. This one is cute, but I’m not sure…
Hope you guys are having an awesome sleep-filled (or maybe sleep-deprived?) Friday!
love & potatoes,